Summery/Autumny/Wintery Peach Pie

I was absolutely dying to make a fruit dessert the other day && just had to use the organic peaches we had just purchased from the local Farmer's Market! It has the perfect balance of tart and sweet & is great hot or cold!




Summery/Autmny/Wintery Peach Pie


Crust

1
1/3 cups All Purpose Flour ( use 1 1/2 if necessary)
1 stick (1/2 cup) Butter
1.5 tbs Sugar
tsp Salt
4 tsp Cold water (only enough to form dough)

Combine Flour, Sugar and salt. Cut in chilled butter until pea-sized. Then add only enough water to form into a ball of dough. Mold into a buttered pie dish, prick with fork and pre bake crust at 350ยบ for 10 minutes.

Filling

5-6 Peaches or 3-4 sm cans of peaches ( I suggest using atleast 1 can of peaches so you have added liquid to work with)
2 tbs lemon juice (depend on how lemony you like it!)
1 to 2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract (optional)
1 tsp cinnamon (to taste)
2 tbs. melted butter
brown sugar or granulated sugar, (sweeten to taste)

(I also enjoy the taste of nutmeg & cloves in my peach pies sometimes, but I didnt add them this time)

Slice peaches into large chunks & combine with remaining ingredients. Make sure you taste them so they taste just how you like! (You can even add walnuts, cranberries, fresh blueberries, pears, etc!)

Pour into pre baked pie crust & cover with the remaining dough!
(If you used all canned peaches, you may not need to add all of the liquid)

In order to cover my pie, I didn't roll out my dough, I simply took small pieces of dough and pressed them between my fingers and layered them across the top of the pie. This allowed lots of little holes where the bubbling liquid could seep through! Brush the top crust with additional melted butter or remaining liquid (this time, I used leftover liquid) and bake until bubbly and golden brown!! YUM!

Want recipe? let me know!

1 munchies:

Unknown said...

that looks delicious! i would love to see the recipe!